4 Models Told Us The Products They Swear By For Perfect Skin
As we move into a new season, and start thinking about clearing out our wardrobes and updating with a few, err, essentials, it’s come to our attention that our beauty gear is also in dire need of a spring clean.
Our makeup bag is not much better. For the most part, it’s kind of, what’s the word? Oh, that’s right, filthy. Meanwhile, our beauty cabinet looks like something straight out of an episode of “Hoarders”.
We probably only use about 5% of what’s on “display”, while the other 95% of lotions, potions, creams and gels need to be culled harder than our facebook friends list.
So who do we turn to when we need advice on skincare essentials? That’s right: Models. Why? Because they need to have impeccable looking skin 24/7. And let’s be honest, if we put our skin under the same amount of stress as a runway model, we’d have acne like a 15-year-old.
So we asked four of our favourite girls to come clean on the skincare products they swear by for perfect skin. Here goes…
Before a job I use Peter Thomas Roth’s Brightening Bubbling Mask, it’s an oxygen mask that takes away my eye bags and brightens my skin by giving it vitamins and antioxidants. As for my everyday essentials, after I get out of the shower I like to use SKII’s Water Treatment on a cotton ball, which keeps me feeling fresh and minimises my pores. Then I use my Dr. Haushka Rose Day Cream, it’s an organic brand made in Germany which hydrate and protects the skin, I actually use so many products from this line when flying and I always use the eye balm at night. One thing you’ll never catch me doing is leaving the house without sunscreen.
My favourite face wash to use daily is La Roche-Posay Effaclar, it’s gentle on your skin, but also really great at removing makeup. For the times that I need something to re-oxygenate my face, I like Filora’s Scrub and Mask. It starts with foaming bubbles and then turns into a scrub when it’s time to take it off. The perfect eye cream for when you go to bed is Delarom Eye Care, it helps any puffiness or dark circles. Fresh Sugar Lips Polish from Sephora is a great lip scrub to use before putting on lipstick, it helps remove any dead skin, and make your lips feel amazingly smooth.
I like to keep a packet of Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes in my bag for refreshing my skin on the go. These are the softest wipes I’ve come across that will actually remove your waterproof mascara. On my days off I like to stick to the basics, so it’s always Maybelline’s Illegal Length Mascara, which is so old now, but I still love because it’s not flakey. I also really like Olay’s Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum because it’s fragrance-free.
I’m pretty simple, I do love makeup but I usually like to keep it light. I love Touche Eclat Blur Perfector, a whole bunch of makeup artists use it to stop shine. It has an airbrush effect, you smooth it under your eyes and it makes everything really smooth and fills in creases. I use it under my eyes or around my nose as it soaks up any oil and blurs everything. For my skin, I’ll take my makeup off after a job with Bioderma Crealine H20 and then when I’m home, I’ll go over with a flannel to exfoliate naturally. For body I like Nuxe Oil, it has a lovely sheen. If you’re going out it’s nice to put a little on your collarbones.